Dyslexia training is a good activity that can help parents interact with their children. It can be consisted of numerous exciting activities that can be performed in a consistent and regular manner. It is possible for parents to help children with dyslexia to improve their condition. However, routine shouldn’t be equal to boredom and an essential part of this training is to make it as exciting as possible. Children should be motivated when they are learning something new. Parents should also enjoy more time with their children. Here are seven things they can do:Read More 0
Some parents are often confused with picky eaters. Fortunately, these ten steps should help them to solve the problem:Read More 0
1. Don’t think that picky eating is an abnormal condition:In reality, picky eating is normal among children. This indicates that children already have a sense of individuality. They understand that they have the right to choose and eat anything that they like. Having a sense of independence is good, but parents still need to guide their children.
2. Don’t think that we are doing something wrong:With their newly developed sense of individuality and independence, parents shouldn’t think that they are making mistake. Picky eating is a way for children to make the yes and no expression. It should be natural for any children to make such a decision.
3. Don’t force children excessively:If they don’t want to, we shouldn’t for picky eaters to eat something that we want. This will make them associate specific food with something that they dislike. This could make picky eaters even more difficult to persuade and control. Leave the food for ten minutes in front of the children and take it away. Children could eventually see the food as their “property” and they will hate it to see it being taken away.
4. Don’t show frustration and anger:Parents shouldn’t show both emotions when their children refuse to eat something. This will only reinforce the thought that eating specific food isn’t fun. This will make them hate eating much more. Parents should maintain a neutral tone of voice and pleasant facial expressions. Parents should be calm even if they are frustrated and angry inside.
5. Don’t insist on serving the same kind of food:If our children refuse eating something, we shouldn’t insist on serving it all the time. Pain could arise from repetitions. It is important to keep trying, but parents should add variety to the menu to keep children excited.
6. Don’t serve heavy liquids or snacks before mealtime:Milk and other heavy liquids, as well as snack could make children more reluctant to eat something that they originally dislike. It is a common sense to make our children hungry before we persuade them to eat something healthier.
7. Don’t be too concerned with unhealthy food that children are eating:Some picky eaters could prefer to eat something fatty with minimal nutritional value. Parents should keep trying on adjusting the children’s diet pattern, by adding fruits and veggies.
8. Don’t be too concerned if children eat too little:If children are hungry, they’ll eat more and if they don’t hungry, they may eat much less. If they eat less today, it is possible that they will eat tomorrow. Parents could make this simple observation to calm themselves.
9. Try to make eating session an exciting experience:When parents can make eating session something exciting, children will want to participate even more in mealtime sessions and look forward to it.
10. Don’t put picky eaters alongside other picky eaters:During meal times, it is probably necessary to isolate picky eaters from other children with the same preferences. It is also a good idea to keep children excited by inviting children who habitually eat healthier food.
Eventually adult children may come to conclusion that they need to send their parents to the nursing house. Obviously, trusting our loved ones to complete strangers isn’t an easy thing to do. But, we need to make sure that parents have good quality of life by living in places they are comfortable with. Choosing an ideal place for retirement could be quite difficult, but there are some options we can take. Each nursing house may have different services that they offer, so it is important to choose the one that match our requirements. First of all, we need to make sure that parents are treated only by qualified caregivers and the facility is properly registered. Here are things to consider before choosing a nursing house:Read More 0
1. It must ensure independence:It can be difficult to transition from a life with a relative independence to a place with controlled environment. This could be the hardest challenge seniors may encounter. This is especially true if our parents have their own habits such as the kind exercise they enjoy, when to sleep and what to eat. In nursing houses, they need to live many other people and comply with all the rules in the community. Adult children should ask the nursing house for the rules that are implemented. They need to make sure that all the rules won’t make it harder for parents to live independently. Our loved ones should have an easier time to adjust. There could be a transitional phase just before they move in.
2. Make comparisons:Before we decide on the right nursing facility, it is important to take a tour to inspect available nursing houses in the area. One thing that we should consider is the distance from our home. It should be very easy to reach during an emergency. Regular visits should be easy to do and the facility must be clean and well maintained. The nursing house should have enough staff to take care of the residents and it is not overcrowded with too many people. Nothing beats seeing our parents living happily in a place that those nursing houses advertise to be.
3. Options of care:We need our loved ones to have longer life and live happily. One thing that we need to consider is to find out about the preventative care programs in the facility. Nutritionist in the facility should be able to form a diet plan with healthy, nutritionally-rich and tasty food that can keep our parents healthy and happy. Trainers and physical therapists should be present in the facility to encourage physical exercises. There could also be some vaccination programs to protect our parents against possible infectious diseases, such as flu. It is also important for the nursing to keep our parents mentally active by providing memory games, group chat sessions and other intellectually-stimulating programs. Overall we need to make sure that our elderly parents could immediately feel happy at the nursing house. Their happy and healthier life should be ensured. We can achieve that by choosing the right nursing houses for them.
It can be very stressful and difficult for children if their parents can’t get along well. The situation can become more difficult, because some teenagers could respond improperly. For teenagers, it can be quite hurtful to see their parents in constant fight. We all know that parenting is a big challenge and it can be quite difficult if parents don’t have the same standard. If not solved, this conflict could lead to more serious consequences, such as temporary separation or even divorce. This situation will represent an even bigger stressor for children. Parents are human too; they can get sad, frustrated, angry and hurt. In these situations, emotions can be high and it is critical for parents to not let their children get affected. There are children who need to be treated by mental health professionals, because they are extremely confused with things that happen in the family. Parents may argue constantly and say disrespectful, rude and negative things to one another. Children tend to keep all their emotion to themselves, especially if there’s no one who can talk to them about this situation. Not all children are lucky enough to be accompanied by other adults, such as relatives and mental health professionals. There are three things arguing parents could do to minimize negative effects:Read More 0
1. Speak only when children are not around:Parents who know that they can get charged emotionally should speak to their spouses only when children are not nearby. It doesn’t mean that they can fight when children are at some distance away, but they should discuss about resolutions to the problem only with their spouses. Negative things parents say can cause mental damage that last for years among children. This can significantly impact our children’s ability to have a trusting, healthy relationship with parents.
2. Don’t assume the role of “good parent”:When we think ourselves as the “good parent”, we could think our spouses as the “bad parent”. Children don’t want to see the competition between good and evil in the house. They need parents who can maintain rule and structure while working together to achieve common goals. Assuming that we are the “good parent” could lead to blaming wars. Some parents may even ask children to take sides and this would be very difficult for children to do. They want to take side with both of their parents in a truly happy relationship.
3. Don’t tell bad things about our spouse to children:Some parents say some awful things about their spouses and this could be hurtful for children. There’s no benefit of telling bad things about our spouses to children. Kids respect their parents and by saying these things, we could make children become very confused. Teenagers are often resentful to parents who often bad mount the other, especially if parents constantly tell them to talk nicely to others. Children will sense an aura of betrayal inside the house and this is a bad situation for their mental development. If we can’t say good things, it is better to stay quiet for the sake of our children.
Many people have the unfortunate condition of being a single parent. This could be caused by divorce or the death of a spouse. Single parents are often seen “inappropriate” in many societies, although they don’t expect to have such a life. Single parents also come from any walk of life. They can have high or low incomes. Considering their situation, single parents should find ways to keep their spirit up. They should be thankful of many things in their lives and focus on their children. These are three things that can make single parents happier:Read More 0